Are you in the market for a new pair of glasses? One of the easiest ways to get your glasses is to purchase them online. However, you might have some questions about the process—and you might have had people tell you it’s not a good idea to buy your glasses online. We’ve broken down the top five myths about buying glasses online to make sure you know what you’re getting into.
1. Myth: You won’t save money by shopping online. This is probably one of the most baseless myths known. By shopping online you can save over 70% off of retail prices—on brand name glasses—all while shopping from the comfort of your own home; How’s that for a myth buster?
2. Myth: Online glasses compromise on quality. While there are certain online retailers that sell less-than-quality products, there are plenty of low quality products at retailers that sell at brick and mortar locations. All you need to do is make sure you do your research. As online stores cut out the middle man, they get to pass on the savings to you.
Pro tip: It’s pretty easy to spot a low quality online glasses retailer—if a deal is simply too good to be true, it probably is!
3. Myth: I won’t be able to choose a frame unless I’m actually in the store. Wrong again. Did you know that you can get expert advice online? Some online retailers will offer the services of their stylists that will help you find the perfect frame, and with tools like Dharma Co’s free 3D virtual try-on app for the iPhone, you can see how your glasses will suit your facial structure by simply uploading your picture or using your webcam.
4. Myth: You won’t be able to know what your glasses will look like on you without going in the store. With tools like Dharma Co’s free 3D virtual try-on app, you can see how your glasses will suit your facial structure by simply uploading your picture. All you need to know is your PD (pupillary distance), which you will get when you get your prescription from your optometrist.
Plus you can now indulge in our Eyewear Guru service and speak to a stylist live to help make the process even easier
Pro tip: Always try the virtual glasses; A certain style might look cool online, but it might not fit your face shape.
5. Myth: I can’t shop for certain prescriptions online. This is a myth that does hold some truth—you just have to do your research when you are looking for your glasses online. There are some retailers that only have the most general lens type, there are others that have every type of lens that you could think of—you just have to know where to look.
Browse Dharma Co.’s inventory to find the high quality glasses to suit your personal style—all at the best prices on & off the Web.